April 15, 2008

Hope



Hope


Just when I feel there is none. just when I feel the world is spiraling down to its own doom, a glimmer of hope that is always inside me, springs forth.

I am not super religious, but I am spiritual and a firm believer in faith and good will. Even after seeing years of horrific crimes, terrible disasters I still have hope. It comes to me every time I hear someone is having a baby, it comes every day the sun shines or it rains. I know there is something… and I may not know exactly what it is, bigger than myself and it is what keeps hope alive inside me.

I may not agree with all the doctrine of the Papacy, and like the rest of us they have to answer for a lot of things
that were done in the past and continue to happen hidden under the veil of religion, but as long as I believe that there is a chance for peace and, I will never abandon hope and will continue to believe that things will get better.

Welcome Pope Benedict XVI, to the shores of America.

1 comment:

Leanna Renee Hieber said...

Patt, what a beautiful post. Miss you.

By the way, you have been tagged. Visit my "I'm it" blog post to see what that means. Now you're it. :) Don't blame me. Kwana started it. :)