August 10, 2007

Daniel Jackson an Ori? I don’t think so.




Okay, so I pretty much stopped watching Stargate SG1 when Richard Dean Anderson left. As a creature of habit I usually stay close to the original of things. Like Lays and Wise potato chips, not
Utz or store brand, Hellmans REAL mayonnaise not Salad-spread and Butter not Margarine, stuff like that.
I love the chemistry between Daniel, Samantha Carter, Jack and Teal’c, it just worked for me all the time. By time R.D.A left the show and they brought on Claudia Black and Ben Browder (formally of Farscape) I was pissed. I mean they worked fine there, I loved them there, but they never worked on SG1 for me. Number one, Ben is cute but he’s a little too cutesy and Claudia Black is getting a little long in the tooth to be wearing them damned pigtails. GIVE EM UP ALREADY.

I liked it when Daniel ascended into a higher being. (do these writers recycle? I saw this premise on Buffy, Angel AND Charmed) not to mention the 5thj incarnation of DR.WHO, but this ORI thing was a complete mystery to me.

Having spewed my disgruntled-ness, (is that even a word?) I might as well go on to say that I got so stubborn that I adamantly REFUSED to watch Stargate Atlantis. But like a child coaxed with a treat I gave in and discovered Ronan Dax (Jason Mamoa) and well anyone who knows me, knows what happened next. Yep you got it, but I only watched the scenes with him in it.
But like all really good shows, Star Trek, Beauty and the Beast etc, it all has to end. So what am I tiptoeing around now?
EUREKA!

3 comments:

Anny Cook said...

Yippee! I LOVE Richard D. If you read my blog a few days ago, you saw my MacGyver comments. Sadly by the time SG1 came along we didn't have TV. So I don't know much about that show.

Anonymous said...

Oh, you HAD to bring up Star Gate!

After RDA left, the show went to pot. Daniel Jackson should have taken over, not that guy from another show that they ended abruptly (though I liked the Muppets on it.)

Shoot. I've seen if enough, every episode about 10 times. I only looked up from my book to see MS.

Momo said...

Greetings from Vienna/Austria! Got to your Blog cause I was googling "Daniel Jackson" *g* I love Stargate SG1. I love RDA. And I also got a blog at blogspot.com - so I just had to write here!

I kept on watching SG1 - and I also saw Atlantis. I just love that geek McKay :-) Try those scenes out, too! Very soul-destroying in the beginning - addictive after a few shows. *lol*

Just let me say that I adored the "Unending" episode :-) - the last of the hole show ;-( I never liked Vala that much. That changed with that episode...

I'm looking forward to the movies -well, I got used to Ben - he's not that bad. Sure he can't replace Ricky - but he never wanted. That's why it worked for me I guess.

xoxo Momo (not Momoa and not male - but I can't change it ;-))

Watch http://momamanges.blogspot.com/ - my english blog is not very updated - but if I knew that somebody reads it I would write more often.